Out of the Office Header  

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Job, New Space!


A few days ago I hinted that exciting things are happening in my life. I'm happy to announce that I will be starting a new job this coming Monday! I'll still be working for the same company (and enjoying my three-block commute), but I will have a new position in a different department. I'm so excited about this change because it will provide me with a better work/life balance, which has been sorely needed. This position also brings the opportunity for me to use a tiny bit of my creativity at work. Needless to say, I am pumped!

I have been thinking a lot about how I want to style my new work space. I like to think of the cubicle as the ultimate blank canvas. It may seem austere and uninviting at first, but a few well-placed objects and pictures can make all the difference. I've been all over the internets searching for inspiration...


Little Green Notebook (Still my ultimate dream office)



 


Hmmm.... I think I need a (faux) sheepskin draped over my office chair. They're so luxurious! When it comes to office decor and desk organization, I think a there a few crucial ingredients:
  1. Light! Whether or not you're close to a window is usually the luck of the draw in a large office. I'm hoping my new space will be.
  2. White or light colored desk items (staplers, tape dispensers, trays, etc). They're so much cleaner and fresher than their drab black counterparts.
  3. Pops of vibrant color - art prints, photographs, or maybe a fabric covered pin board.
  4. Unexpected shapes (I love the trophy-esque pencil holders in the image from Design Sponge)
  5. Trays - did I mention I love trays?
I'm interested: do you work in an office? How do you make the space your own?

No comments :

Post a Comment