Out of the Office Header  

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Book Report: The Wes Anderson Collection


 
One of the best gifts I received this past Christmas was The Wes Anderson Collection by Matt Zoller Sietz. It’s a gorgeous, hardcover tome with insightful essays and interviews with the director about each of his seven feature films. Oh, and there are plenty of pictures…

This is the type of book that I tend to flip through a few times, ogle the pretty pictures, and then I put on a shelf to be admired from afar. I decided to take a different approach with this book – I’m actually reading it, cover to cover.  I’m also re-watching each movie after I finish the corresponding essay and interview.



So far Scott and I have re-watched Bottle Rocket and Rushmore, and the mini film festival continues this weekend with The Royal Tenenbaums.  I have really enjoyed seeing these movies again with a deepened understanding of the director’s influences, what the individual actors brought to the films, and fun little bits of trivia. (Did you know that Wes’ brother, Eric Chase Anderson, creates most of the artwork that appears in the films?)



Do you enjoy Wes Anderson’s movies? Do you ever binge-watch a collection of movies by the same director?



  
Top image by Scott; all other images from The Wes Anderson Collection by Matt Zoler Sietz via Amazon.

No comments :

Post a Comment